With the prospect of having to entertain children for up to six weeks whilst school’s out, the school holidays can be a tough time for parents. It can also have an impact on your finances as days out can be expensive!!
Here are our top tips for keeping the fun factor at a 10/10, without it costing you the earth.
We all know that eating out is convenient, but it can also be expensive. Luckily, there are plenty of options to choose from to help you save on dining out, such as:
- There are many restaurants which offer 2for1 deals on meals out, and Money Saving Expert tends to round up the best of them. Remember that you may need to book some tables in advance and let them know that you have a voucher.
- Taking a packed lunch. Picnics are popular once again, so why not grab yourself a hamper, pack some more inventive foods (salads, Mexican food, pastas and more) as an easy way to save some money.
- Don’t forget that many restaurants offer free kids meals when there’s an adult dining.
Theme parks and wildlife parks can be very costly. However, with some careful couponing, you can save as much as 50% on days out, providing brilliant value for money. Some key deals to look out for include:
– Get free cinema tickets with cheap travel insurance purchase for less than £2, can give you 2for1 cinema tickets for a year with Meerkat Movies.
– ‘Grown-ups Go Free’ with Kellogg’s cereals to some of the UK & Ireland’s favourite days out, including Thorpe Park, Legoland, Sea Life Centres, and much more.
Cutting back on spending can help you put extra pennies aside for a holiday or even for Christmas. Always check to see which deals are available online before you head out, and you may surprise yourself with how much you could save.